In need of a sand filter for your pool? Then the Water TechniX Sand Filter Aspire 28" 50mm is the answer to your filtration needs! Constructed from almost indestructible bobbin-wound fibreglass, the Sand Filter Aspire will give you years, if not decades, or hassle-free filtration.
This model holds 30kg more filter media than the 25" model, giving it more filtration power and lessens the needs for frequent backwashing, saving your both time and water.
Water TechniX Sand Filter Aspire includes a 6 way top mount MPV, pressure gauge, sight glass & unions. This model comes with 50mm connectors for pool systems that use them to make installation as easy as possible.
The Water TechniX Sand Filter Aspire 28" also comes with a 10-year warranty on the tank, yes, a decade! It also comes with a 1-year warranty on the valve and gauge, much more than any other sand filter out there on the market! This is one of the many reasons why Water TechniX is THE choice for Australian Pool Professionals.
Key Features -
- Simple backwash
- Constructed from strong corrosion and UV resistant material
- 6 way multiport valve
- Built-in waste port sight glass for high visibility during backwashing
- Large diameter tank for maximum filtration area
- Automatic air bleed to stop air build up in the tank
- Accurate stainless steel oil filled pressure gauge
- Suitable for both salt and fresh water pool systems
- Suitable for sand, Zelbrite and silica media
- 10 Year Tank Warranty with 1 Year Warranty on valve and gauge
- Note - Sand is not included
- Height - 1092mm x 723mm Wide
SAND MEDIA REQUIRED FOR YOUR FILTER
- 21" Sand Filter - 80kgs
- 25" Sand Filter - 120kgs
- 28" Sand Filter - 150kgs
- 30" Sand Filter - 200kgs
GLASS MEDIA REQUIRED FOR YOUR FILTER
- 21" Sand Filter - 1 coarse and 3 fine
- 25" Sand Filter - 2 coarse and 5 fine
- 28" Sand Filter - 3 coarse and 8 fine
- 32" Sand Filter - 5 coarse and 13 fine
Sand Filter Installation Guide
While installing a new sand filter seems like a daunting task due to its size, it’s actually quite simple to do if you have the right tools and the right know-how.
- Turn off the pump and close off any valves.
- If you’re replacing an existing sand filter, first remove the sand by scooping it out or using a venturi pump before attempting to remove the shell. We’re talking about a lot of sand so for safety’s sake, please remove all of the sand before taking out the old sand filter.
- If you’re replacing a cartridge filter, simply unscrew the old filter and remove.
- If you don’t have unions installed in your current setup, it’s a good idea to have some installed while you’re replacing your current filter.
- Make any plumbing changes to fit your new sand filter.
- Screw in any unions and plumbing connections.
- Fill the sand filter up about halfway with water before adding in the sand to prevent damage to your sand filter’s internals.
- Once the sand is in, secure the multiport and attach all required plumbing lines.
- Set the multiport to backwash and turn on the pump. Run on backwash for a couple of minutes then turn off your pump. Set to rinse, run the pump for about a minute or so.
- Your new sand filter is now ready to use!
Note - This item is considered oversized and cannot be returned due to change of mind.