Every year Mr Pool Man goes through a LOT of robotic pool cleaners, but one series has stood out during the early months of 2022, and that’s the Robo-Tek Robotic pool cleaner series. More specifically, the Robo-Tek Robo-Plus and the Robo-Tek Robo-PRO robotic pool cleaners!
Now, what makes these robotic pool cleaners different from the other pool cleaners that we hold in stock? I mean, they must be all alike right? Well, after spending more time with the Robo-Tek, we had some discoveries why the Robo-Tek continues to be our best-selling robotic pool cleaner of 2022.
Robo-Tek Robo-Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner
This is the base model for the Robo-Tek series of cleaners, and while they do carry a premium over other robotic pool cleaners, bear with us a little bit and don’t jump out of the page yet! Just take a look at what this baby offers before making a decision. I mean, you’re going to be stuck with whatever cleaner that you’re going to get for the next few years so why not take a couple of minutes to see what the fuss is about right? Check this link to know more about the benefits of having a Robotic Pool Cleaners.
SEE ALSO: 11 Reasons to Buy a Robotic Pool Cleaner
The Robo-Tek Robo-Plus works on any pool*
Whatever the shape of the pool, round, square, circle, or even in the shape of Australia, the Robo-Tek Robotic pool cleaner can maneuver and cover the entirety of the pool surface with no problem because of its navigation system.
As for pool surfaces, whether your pool is made out of concrete, fibreglass, finished with plaster, aggregate, tiles, or vinyl, the Robo-Tek can easily crawl and scrub it! Well, almost any surface with the exception of vinyl that’s less than 0.5mm.
The housing and internals of the Robo-Tek Robo-Plus is also hardened against all water types and chemicals so whether you have a regular chlorinated pool, a saltwater pool, or even a mineral pool, the performance of this amazing robotic pool cleaner won’t be affected.
Comes with all of the accessories you’ll need
The box comes with everything you’ll need or want with your robotic pool cleaner. Unlike other robotic pool cleaners that just come with the unit, the Robo-Tek already comes with the caddy, the remote, and every accessory that you will ever need with the unit! Come to think of it, if you add up the incremental upgrades and accessories for other robotic pool cleaners, the price is pretty much the same!
Don't know how to properly use your Robotic Pool Cleaner? See our Ultimate Robotic Pool Cleaner guide here.
Guaranteed Parts Availability
Every single replaceable part for the Robo-Tek robotic pool cleaners is available for purchase through Robo-Tek. And if for some reason, your cleaner breaks a part that’s not commonly available, Robo-Tek promises to cannibalize a new cleaner to send you the part that you need! No excuses, and no more waiting for “overseas” parts availability! Talk about keeping true right?
You might wonder if getting a robotic cleaner is necessary. Check out this blog to know more: Are Robotic Pool Cleaners Worth It
Tech Specs (Geek Stuff!)
We love geek stuff and numbers, so here are some technical specifications for the Robo-Tek Robo-Plus rrobotic pool cleaners.
- Traveling at 15m per minute, you get a quick and thorough cleaning of your pool surfaces. Couple that with the remote control, you can easily steer your robot to any spot that you want or to pick up that stray leaf that just fell in the pool while cleaning.
- Suction at 290 Litres a minute draws in large leaves through two massive intakes. Not only does it capture debris of all sizes, it filters your pool water while at it as well!
- Capacity for 4 litres leaf and debris. This may sound small, but this is much more than what’s commonly found in other pool cleaners!
- 70 & 20 Micron filter bags capture super fine dust particles. Depending on your need, whether you’re dealing with regular debris or super fine dust causing cloudiness, the Robo-Plus has got it!
- 15m Floating cable makes it suitable for very large residential pools. More than enough to cover the largest of Australian residential pools.
- Twin Drive motors so it can manuever around the pool, get over obstacles, climb steps, walls, and everything in between! Or your money back!
- Smart programming removes the need for swivels in the cable. I mean, why swivel when it’s smart?
- 3 year warranty on the Motor Box! A year more than most “major” robotic pool cleaner brands out there!
Support that’s easy as 1-2-3
Robo-Tek has 3 levels of support for all their robotic pool cleaner owners.
- The first step involves a phone call to one of their experts. Usually, a simple call will determine what is wrong with the unit.
- If any user-replaceable components need to be replaced, then the parts will be sent over and if needed, hop on another call to guide you on how to perfectly replace those parts.
- Now if for some reason there’s an issue with the control box or the robot itself, the process is simple. Place the unit in a box, Robo-Tek will send in some consignment notes and instructions, and a courier will come to your door and collect it. Once the repair (or replacement if required) is complete, your robotic pool cleaner will be sent back to you.
SEE ALSO: Pros and Cons of a Robotic Pool Cleaner
Why should I spend on something that’s not well known?
One of the main reasons is that Robo-Tek simply can’t match the millions in advertising that other name brands spend when it comes to promotion and exposure. But then, it’s not really needed at this point when word-of-mouth is doing that job for them! And with that being said, we’re also attaching our seal of approval to the Robo-Tek Robotic Pool Cleaners! As they say, why have the most popular brand on the market when you can have the one that outperforms it? This pretty much reflects the way we think here at Mr Pool Man!
What about the Robo-Tek Robo-PRO cleaners?
The Robo-PRO is geared towards large pools and commercial applications, but that doesn’t mean that they can’t be used for home pools. Here are the key differences between the two models.
- The Robo-PRO is capable of longer cycle times of up to 4 hours vs 2 hours on the Robo-Plus
- The Robo-PRO has an interchangeable and floating cable vs a fixed 15m cable on the Robo-Plus
- The Robo-PRO has 3 filter grades available vs 2 on the Robo-Plus, this means more filtration options for your pool.
- The Robo-PRO has a higher water filtration rate of 302 Litres/minute vs the 290 on the Robo-Plus. More water filtered means cleaner water, faster!
Now, are the upgrades worth it? For the larger home pools, we’d say yes, but for smaller to mid-sized home pools, the Robo-Plus is more than enough to handle whatever is thrown at it!
Do you have any questions about this topic or the featured products? No worries, we're here to help! Drop us a question down below and we'll get back to you ASAP.
Happy swimming :)