When people say that the pool pump is the heart of your pool, they weren't kidding. Pool pumps are responsible for circulating your pool's water to ensure that your pool chemicals are properly circulated and pool water is filtered through your cartridge filter or sand filter.
Types of Astral Pool Pumps
Single Speed Astral Pool Pumps - These are your no-frills pool pumps. Straightforward on and off switch (or timed).
Small-Horsepower Astral Pool Pumps - Perfect to use as a booster pump or for smaller pools and spas
Variable Speed Astral Pool Pumps - Pool pumps with adjustable speed settings for every type of usage. Get the pump power you need while saving on your electricity bill!
Pool Pump Ownership Notes
Make sure to get the right-sized Astral Pool Pump for your pool. Undersized Astral pool pumps can cause a lot of issues which include, but are not limited to: your pool cleaners not having enough pressure to work, higher electricity costs, and improper pool water circulation. So be sure to get an Astral Pool pump that is correctly sized for your pool.
There are a number of variables which will affect the efficiency of your Astral Pool Pump:
- Filter type and size (cartridge filter or sand filter, and their capacities)
- The distance of equipment from pool as well as the size and number of pool plumbing and fittings
- Presence of other equipment such as a pool heater, chlorinator or suction cleaning device
- Size and total volume of the pool or spa
- Operation time required to filter all of the water in your pool or spa.