Benefits of Using Quality Pool Covers
- Save Water - Did you know that a 50sq meter pool can lose up to 110,000L of liters per year through evaporation at all? A Daisy pool cover can reduce that evaporation by 95%!
- Save Time on cleaning tasks - Pool covers and solar blankets prevent leaves, bugs, and other debris from falling into your pool water, allowing you to spend less time cleaning your pool and more time enjoying it!
- Save on Pool Chemicals - By preventing evaporation and blocking UV rays, you’re also preventing your pool chemicals from burning off! Save up to 50% of your pool chemical costs with the proper use of pool covers.
- Free heating - With a solar blanket, you can retain as much as 8 degrees Celsius of heat in your pool! Couple that with the use of an energy efficient heat pump like the Water TechniX Paradise and you’ll cut your pool heating bill down to a few dollars a month!
These are just a few benefits of having a Daisy pool cover. For more information on the benefits and how to measure your pool for a Daisy pool cover then you can check out Mr Pool Man’s Ultimate Pool Covers Guide here.
Types of Pool Covers Available on the Online Pool Shop
Not all pool covers are built alike! Here's a quick overview of the Pool Covers you can customize and purchase on the online pool shop.
- Solar Pool Cover - Daisy Solar Pool Covers are designed to increase the temperature of the water in your pool by harnessing the sun's energy. They are made from a clear, air-filled material that floats on the surface of the water, trapping heat and preventing it from escaping. This type of pool cover is ideal for those who want to extend the swimming season, reduce the amount of time and energy needed to heat the pool, and save on energy costs.
- Thermotech Pool covers - These pool covers are designed to retain heat in your pool. It does not take the sun's heat. Perfect for indoor pools to prevent heat loss.
- Winterkleen Mesh Pool debris cover - Mesh pool covers are a type of pool cover that are designed to provide protection for your pool, while still allowing sunlight and water to pass through. Best for keeping leaves out of your pool. Does not retain heat in your pool.
Benefits of Having Pool Rollers
You can have a pool cover or solar blanket without getting a pool roller but just in case, here are some of the benefits of why having a pool roller is a good idea:
- Protect your investment - By having a pool roller, you’re safely rolling up your pool covers when not in use. This prevents creases from forming which can become tears in the long run.
- Quick installation and removal - With a pool roller, covering and uncovering your pool can be done in under 30 seconds flat! Without one, it can take around 10 minutes to safely cover and uncover your pool. And of course, don’t forget the manual effort required roll and unroll large pool covers! Some people neglect to use their pool covers because they no longer have the energy to unroll a pool cover after a long day of swimming.
P.S. You’ll never know when Australian water restrictions will kick in again so it’s a great idea to have a pool cover for that eventuality to save on water. Click here for more information on how to keep your pool water level during Australian water restrictions.
Still confused? Check out our guide to the different types of pool covers.