Trying to keep your pool water level while abiding current Aus Water restrictions? The Aqua Level device can help with that.
For $99 including delivery your pool will love this smart levelling system, which automatically switches your hose on and off for you. Completely customisable to your water level, this water-saving device is a must for every Aussie pool owner. Shop the Aqua Level here.
Level 2 or above water restrictions can mean a few things:
- You can only water your garden before 10am or after 4pm with a watering can or bucket
- 'Smart' watering systems that include automated weather adjustment, a rain sensor or a soil moisture sensor and drip irrigation systems may only be used for 15 minutes before 10am or after 4pm
- The use of unattended hoses is no longer permitted
- Hosing of hard surfaces is not permitted, unless in an emergency or for health and safety reasons
- You can wash your car with a bucket or at a commercial car wash
- Top up an existing pool or spa, using a hose fitted with a trigger nozzle, watering can or bucket for a maximum of 15 minutes a day. You can only do this to replace water lost through evaporation, not to replace water deliberately removed from the pool or spa.
- You will need a permit before filling a pool over 500L.
Keeping your pool happy while helping mother earth store as much water as possible is a win win.
Tip: Keep your pool water centred with the hole in your pool wall which leads to your skimmer basket. Keeping your water at this level will allow for leaves that settle on the top of the pool to float into your skimmer basket, rather than down to your pool floor.