Good news, bad news time again!
First, the bad news. Robotic pool cleaners have a lot of moving parts that provide for their excellent cleaning capabilities, but will wear out over time.
Now the good news. All robotic pool cleaner spare parts are modular! This means that there’s no complex assembly and disassembly process involved to replace components that need replacing.
Here are a list of common robotic pool cleaner spare parts that need replacing:
- Floating Swivel Cables - These attach your robotic cleaner to power them up while cleaning. New robotic pool cleaners already come with swivel cables so that the unit will not get tangled up during their operation. For older units that do not come with a swivel cable, this is a great upgrade to make pool cleaning with your robotic pool cleaner as hassle-free as possible. A damaged cable usually manifests itself by the robotic cleaner randomly losing power or failing to turn on completely.
- Motor Blocks - The motor for your robotic pool cleaner is in a self-contained module that has to be replaced completely when no longer functioning. They’re easy to take out and replace so you shouldn’t be worried when it comes to replacing your cleaner’s motor block.
- Wheel and Track Sets - Just like any vehicle, wheels and tracks wear out over time. But unlike automobiles, replacing wheel and track sets for your robotic pool cleaner is a breeze and shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes.
- Filter Canisters - Over time, your robotic pool cleaner’s filter canisters will get damaged. To ensure that your robotic pool cleaner filters the water properly while cleaning it, replace the canisters at the first sign of damage.
Robotic pool cleaner tips:
- Only use the required cable length to reduce the possibility of tangling. If your cable is too long, you don’t have to throw them all into the pool, leave the excess lengths poolside and that should do the trick.
- Always clean and rinse out your filter canisters after every use to prevent dirt and gunk from solidifying on the filter and causing damage.
Check out this blog post for more tips and on how to properly use your robotic pool cleaner.
Shopping for a new robotic pool cleaner? Head on down to our selection of the best robotic pool cleaners you can buy in Australia today.